Monday, September 3

Billy Goats and Monkeys

Dharamsala, India - A flight from Srinagar to Jammu. A bus from Jammu to Pathankot. And yet another bus from Pathankot to Dharamsala, home of the exiled Dalai Lama. The day started at 8:30 and ended 12 hours later - all to go 400 kilometers.

The road up the mountain to the hill station of Dharamsala, or more specifically, its upper section McLeod Ganj, is precarious with steep drop offs. Along the way I spotted the oddest combination: billy goats chilling alongside monkeys. I think I'm going to like it here.

(Blog note: I didn't have much access to Internet while I was in Kashmir, so I've posted the story of how I ended up there and what I saw, dated for when it actually happened. It's posts "A Movie without a Ticket" on Aug. 27 through "Sringar Streets: Have it. Have it". I've also added photos to the Kyoto post: "The Art of the Geisha").

No comments: